Engineering Creativity for Neuroscience
Small Vessel Myograph
- it allows recording of force generated by contractile tissues, like smooth, skeletal or cardiac muscles upon mechanical, chemical or electrical stimulation. Myographs are most commonly used for the detection of vascular reactivity in physiological, pharmacological and preclinical research. Our Small Vessel Myograph system (SVM) has been designed to study vessels in a wide diameter range (from 600 μm to 1 cm).
Click on the picture to get it in full size
Small Vessel Myograph recording system consists of the following equipments:
- Mechanical assembly, containing the heated organ bath.
- Small Vessel Myograph SVM-1b measuring equipment. This unit provides calibrated analog voltage output to record the
contractions of the examined tissue on any kind of PC-based data acquisition system. Furthermore there is a built-in
high resolution and fast analog to digital converter, which is accessible directly via standard USB 2.0 port of a computer.
- Force Sensor Headstage VMY-1c.
- Physiological - Biological Temperature Controller TMP-5b. This equipment regulates the temperature of the organ bath.
This is the universal biological temperature controller of Supertech Instruments, which is involved in the Small Vessel
Myograph measuring system, as well. On the Temperature Management in Physiology and in Biology page you
can read the very detailed description of the TMP-5b temperature controller.
- Recording program: Windows-based signal recording and data logger program. It is downloadable as a freeware.
Specifications / Technical Data
Full scale force of the vessel sensor: 1000 mN
Mechanical bandwidth of the force sensor: 0 to 200 Hz (-3 dB)
Chamber material: unique stainless steel alloy, fully compatible with the living tissues
Chamber volume: 3.5 ml
Mounting method: pins
Vessel internal diameter: > 600 μm
Vessel adjustment (normalization): manually by a micrometer
Micrometer resolution: 0.01 mm
Temperature range: ambient to 60 Centigrade
Temperature adjustment: in 1 Centigrade steps
Resolution of temperature measurement: 0.1 Centigrade
Hysteresis: max. 0.5 Centigrade
Signal output choice:
- Analog voltage output: for high resolution measurements on any 3rd-party DAQ device
- Built-in analog to digital converter and data logger (with its program package)
- DVM on the front plate (3 reading / sec): for normalization of the vessel
Specification of the analog voltage output:
- Full-scale range of the electronic circuit for the vessel sensor: 2000 mN
- Analogue output range: +/- 5 V
- Resolution: 0.02 mN
- Worst-case error of the full scale value: < 2 %
- Linearity error maximum: < 2 %
- Scale factor choice:
10 V / N
1 V / N
0.1 V / N
- Bandwidth of the analog circuitry: 500 Hz by default (option: 20 Hz to 20 kHz can be set by the factory according to the order)
- Analog output impedance: 300 Ohm
Specification of the built-in analog to digital converter:
- Resolution and maximum sampling rate:
12-bit, 1 MS/s (default)
20-bit, 16 S/s (option)
24-bit, 16 S/s (option)
- Data communication: USB 2.0
Every part of the mechanical assembly is made of stainless steel. The basement of the organ bath is a strong fixing plate standing on three feet. In the middle of the basement there is a heated tissue chamber. The material of the heated chamber is a very special kind of steel alloy, which is fully compatible with the living tissues. The temperature of the heated chamber (organ bath) is regulated with the accuracy of better than 0.5 Centigrade.
Small pieces of vessels can be fixed as rings on two tungsten wires. The internal diameter range of the measurable vessels is 1 to 10 mm. One of the fixing wires is attached to the force sensor. The force sensor is part of the Force Sensor Headstage VMY-1c. The other, opposite holding wire is fixed on the removable upper part on easily adjustable way. The Force Sensor Headstage VMY-1c is fine positioned by a micrometer, providing accurate control of vessel circumference.
The whole upper part of the organ bath, including the force sensor, the Force Sensor Headstage VMY-1c and the opposite holding wire can be removed from the basement in one piece completely. This feature provides a comfortable and precise way to fix the examined tissue on the wires. Removable design of the upper part helps positioning of the preparation on the fixing wires, because the upper part of the organ bath can be put completely on the stage of an operation microscope.
Click on the picture to get it in full size
There are flexibly adjustable tubes to transport carbogene gas and saline solution into the tissue (organ) bath to maintain the optimal physiological conditions for the tissue. The solution and gas tubes are easily detachable and repositionable on the basement.
You can find the general warranty and shipping conditions in the beginning of the Price List page.
This product has been introduced just now. That is, why the price of the system (except the Physiological - Biological Temperature Controller TMP-5b) is not finalized yet. For the current price information, please contact us.
20-bit built-in analog to digital converter instead of the default 12-bit DAQ unit: 240 EUR
24-bit built-in analog to digital converter instead of the default 12-bit DAQ unit: 650 EUR
Physiological - Biological Temperature Controller: you can look up its price on the Temperature Management in Physiology and in Biology page.
Copyright @ Supertech Instruments - since 1991